Sunday, November 21, 2010

As I Am Naturals: The Beauty of Being Who You Are

I am outdoors selling my products.  A woman comes to the table. 
I am not good with ages; she is maybe in her sixties.
She is petite; her hair is graying and swept loose in a bun. 
Her face is lined, bright and friendly. 
Her manner is elegant.  She is radiant. 
Her eyes are luminous.  They are curious. 
I think she is beautiful. 
She smiles often and inquires about my products.  
 I tell her how natural is so much better for you.  
She wonders about the face serums and we discuss what they do for you. 
How they soften, how they tone. 
She says she doesn’t care much about wrinkles,
She thinks there is more to beauty than lines on a face
But she likes to take care
of herself too.    
I agree and nod and say yes.  
I am smiling. 
She understands.    

The beauty secret of As I Am products is being who you are.  Nothing more is required.  It’s about accepting ourselves and each other the way we are with kindness and compassion.  It is an act of courage to be who we are.  We don’t fit into boxes and we don’t fit into molds either.  We are complex. We are vulnerable.  We have good days and bad.  We do not have to change or be different to be loved or accepted.  When we see past the illusions that the world would have us believe and step into our own being, we let our true beauty and that of the world shine through.  This is all we ever have to do.  But be prepared, because it’s a process that can take a little time and some grit.  But it’s worth it, as the rewards are great.  As it has the potential to transform the world around us and in the process we find a beauty that age only enhances and time could never take away.  In this way we not only honor ourselves, but light a path for others to be the beauty of who they are too.






No comments:

Post a Comment