Monday, January 13, 2014

Best Motivational Quotes: Finding Your Inspiration

Quote: Henry David Thoreau / Photo: A.S. - Walden Pond 

Get Started, Keep Going And Stay Positive

We can all use a little inspiration 
now and again. 
If you’re going through a challenging time, working through a situation or towards a goal, here are some quotes that 
I hope inspire you.

The Crux Of The Matter...
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?” ― Mary Oliver

 “And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” ― Anaïs Nin

"There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them."
- Dennis Waitley

What Dreams May Come ~ Never stop Dreaming...
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.  Live the life you have imagined."    
–Henry David Thoreau

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."               
 - Mark Twain

When To Begin?
“What day is it?" "It's today," squeaked Piglet.
"My favorite day," said Pooh. ― A.A. Milne

On Perseverance...
"Fall seven times and stand up eight." –Japanese Proverb

“It's not how we fall.  It's how we get back up again.” ― Patrick Ness

“In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.” - Albert Camus

“Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force but through persistence.”   ― Ovid
“Success is not measured by the position one has reached in life, rather by the obstacles one overcomes while trying to succeed” ― Booker T. Washington

On Courage...
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace”   -Amelia Earhart

“Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will  try again tomorrow.” - Mary Anne Radmacher

 “Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers, but to be fearless in facing them.  Let me not beg for the stilling of my pain, but for the heart to conquer it.” ― Rabindranath Tagore


Listening To Your Inner Voice….
“When many voices are speaking at once, listen to the one most quiet and gentle. That’s the one worth listening to."  
― Miranda Linda Weisz

“I think fitting in is highly overrated. I’d rather just fit out... Fitting out means being who you are, even when people insist that you have to change. Fitting out means taking up space, not apologizing for yourself, and not agreeing with those who seek to label you with stereotypes.”  ― Golda Poretsky

Optimism and Confidence..
“Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

"We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot."  -Eleanor Roosevelt

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." 
-Jack Layton


And Remember....Anything Is Possible.....
"We all have possibilities we don't know about. We can do things we don't even dream we can do." - Dale Carnegie

"If not you, who? If not now, when?" - Rabbi Hillel

“I dwell in Possibility –"
 - Emily Dickenson

Have a favorite quote that's gotten you through a challenging time or helped you reach a goal? Please share below....

Much Joy,
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment