Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Friends: Sharing Your Gift....


“Each friend represents a world in us,
a world possibly not born until they arrive,
and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”  ~ Anais Nin
So, what’s your gift?  Are you a good cook?  A great listener?   Maybe you have a beautiful voice or play an instrument…..Maybe you have this way of seeing the positive in a difficult situation or you have a great sense of humor that makes us all laugh…..Maybe you’re soft spoken, caring, courageous or have a curiosity about the world? Whatever it is, this gift was meant for you and the people that you touch. 

It actually makes you pretty special.  I mean it.  And when you share your gift with the people around you, well, you’re doing your work.  You know -  your  work.  The one you were meant to do here with all of us.

Often our gifts are something we’re good at, enjoy, or we were born with.  Usually, we get Joy from using our gifts and talents and the people in our lives feel this Joy too. Although, sometimes these gifts can actually feel difficult or even somewhat vulnerable and part of our work is to own and grow into these talents or qualities during our life time.  

When we use these special talents not only do we heal ourselves, but we heal the people around us too.  There are countless ways that your unique qualities, interests and talents benefit, add to, inform, enlarge and make better the world and lives around you by just being you….

There is a quote that I love by Anais Nin “Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”  Isn’t it true?   How often are our lives touched by those around us?  How lucky are we when our friends and family share this with all of us?

So what’s your gift?  
We would love to hear....!  
Please share in the comment area below! 

With Love, 
Alyssa



3 comments:

  1. My talent is to inspire women to get in shape regardless of their age! It brings me joy and I hope others too! (It might take a few workouts)
    Wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you do indeed inspire us, Mary!!! I'm grateful for our conversations and friendship!

      Delete
  2. My talent is playing the guitar. I know how much I enjoy watching and listening to a band play. I watch the dynamics between the players, and become a part of sound and experience. When I'm playing for others I hope I bring them that much fun and inspiration.

    (Oh, and I make really good salad dressing too!)

    -Jason

    ReplyDelete